In today’s episode I share 6 reasons why I love grow with me clothing, as well as the grow with me patterns I know of.
Grow with me clothing is clothing that will “grow” with your child because of the extra long cuffs or waistbands.
My 6 reasons why I love grow with me clothing:
- You can feel better about cutting into the fabric you are hoarding.
- Saves you Money
- Easier to build a handmade wardrobe (Here’s a link to the article that has the quote I mentioned about extending your clothing’s life by 9 months: https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/sustainable-fashion-blog/2015/jan/14/10-things-learned-zero-waste-fashion-industry)
- Don’t have to box up your child’s favourites as often = happier child 😉
- Works for in-between sizes
- Perfect diaper bag clothing
Bonus for sellers: I find it is easier to price fairly.
We also heard some reasons why other people in the sewing community love grow with me clothing.
Here are the patterns I mention:
And the grow-with-me romper pattern will be delayed because my poor baby got an ear infection so he’s needed lots of extra mommy cuddles so I haven’t spent any time at the computer. Now the next class for my master’s degree starts next week so I am not sure when I will get around to finishing. Hopefully soon though 🙂
Other Designers’ Patterns Mentioned
Another Grow with Me Pattern:
When I was searching etsy to get the links for these patterns I did find another grow with me pattern.
Stitch Upon a Time Beanstalk Britches (Which I actually have the pattern for but haven’t made yet. Can’t believe I forgot about these! And these are made with a woven fabric)
Do you know of any grow with me clothing patterns I didn’t mention? What do you like (or don’t like) about grow with me clothing? Share in the comments below 🙂
TITLE: Back In Summer
ARTIST: NICOLAI HEIDLAS
Heidlas, N. (2016). Back in summer [Recorded by N. Heidlas]. Retrieved from: https://soundcloud.com/nicolai-heidlas/95-bpm-back-in-summer-upbeat-ukulele-background-music
MUSIC LICENSE: CREATIVE COMMONS 3.0 (“Attribution” – license)